Edicy release notes
Public Beta 26 releaseRelease date: February 4th, 2009
- Added insertion thumbnail of an image into textbox (hold the "ALT" key down when dragging and dropping).
- Added image tool for IE7
- Added media sets and media filtering
- Added an option to send tickets, received from visitors directly to e-mail.
- Added "Front page" layout to every design
- Improved Site organizer view
- Improved user invitation process
- Improved page path generation algorithm
- Improved language removal mechanism (no more trouble when removing all languages)
- Clickable area of "Add new file" under media tab has been increased.
- Page is now refreshed upon removal.
- Pictures can be aligned in IE.
- Suggestive engine of link tool is working again.
- Page can be removed if it has only untranslated childs.
- Existing page is no longer greyafter being moved under untranslated page
- Fixed issues with image rendering in gallery for admin view for IE
- Clicking activation link for the second time now opens login window.
Public Beta 25 releaseRelease date: January 28th, 2009
- Improved image editor
- Improved multiple designs
- Improved comment counting algorithm (now only non-spam comments are counted)
- Tags are now removed from form tool on submitting a ticket
Public Beta 24 releaseRelease date: January 21th, 2009
- Added delete icon for first child of the homepage
- Adding pages now works as a separate dialog
- Improved blog articles ordering in Blog & News view
- Improved GeoIP language quessing
Public Beta 23 releaseRelease date: January 14th, 2009
- Added localised singup e-mails
- Added favicon autoresising
- Designs improved
Public Beta 22Release date: January 6th, 2009
- Added on site Picture editor for Firefox 3.x and Safari (limited version is available in Firefox 2.x and Opera)
- Added Google Maps widget
- Localized Signup page and email
- Improved publish button
- Improved language detection on Signup, Sign in and Voucher page
- Fixed showing error messages on auto save failure
- Fixed site first time publish
- Fixed blog post publishing
- Fixed blog comment submit button in template Canberra
- Fixed escaping < > marks in several input fields
- Improved DNS entries handling
Public Beta 21Release date: December 24th, 2008
- Added Latvian language for Site admin
- Added delete page link to on page properties dialogue
- Improved DNS entries handling
- Improved adding new pages from Site organizer
- Improved SIte organizer language drop down menu links
- Fixes in multi upload for better stability
- Fixed issues on uploading first file
- Fixed Site admin for IE6
- Added new local domains for purchasing (at, co.uk, es, org.uk)
- Added template Buenos Aires
- Added template color variations Canberra North, Detroit North
- Added multi upload for custom templates
- Added norwegian language
- Improved domain search
- Fixed Skype Toolbar phone number formating in Site admin
Public Beta 20Release date: December 16th, 2008
- Enhanced language management in Site admin
- Added possibility to verify site for Google Webmaster Tool
- Several improvements for vouchers
- Improved messages on user Sign up page
- Improved error messages on site Sign in page
- Improved picture drag and drop
- Improved picker horizontal scroll
- Fixed creating new site during voucher redemption for existing user
- Fixed adding pictures to gallery without reloading the page
- Fixed gallery interaction with media picker
- Fixed 404 error on deleting last custom site address
Public Beta 19Release date: December 9th, 2008
- Photo Gallery (Beta)
Public Beta 18Release date: December 2nd, 2008
- Added new template Astana
- Added template color variations Lyon South, Milano East, Riga North, Calgary West, Langley South, Brasilia North, Altea South, Odessa West, Munich South.
- Added automatic language detection.
- Improved site name area to allow adding pictures.
- Improved site structure tree in site organizer.
- Improvements in text editor.
- Improved edicyapges.com sub-domain name escaping (only a-z and 0-9 are allowed)
- Fixed asking existing password on user details change for users who just created edicy account.
Public Beta 14Release date:November 11th, 2008
- Domain registration
- Link tool improvements
- Order history
- Improved toolbar for better page loading
- Improved text editor to decrease page load times
- Improved long file and article name handling
- Improved on-site translation
- Fixed site picker for IE
- Fixed video embedding tool multiple URL handling
- Fixed empty content areas for Firefox
- Fixed asking password when changing user email
Public Beta 13Release date:October 30th, 2008
- Edicy Pro functionality to Download site
- Added template Dakar
- Improved link tool for better in-site link handling
- Improved error messaging on creating new page
- Fixed media up-loader for Flash 10
- Fixed sitemap.xml to list only published pages
- Fixed blog excerpt and body formating in RSS feed
- Fixed google analytics being active in edit mode
- Fixed showing Delete and View links on media thumbnails without flash
Public Beta 12Release date:October 27th, 2008
- Credit card payments
- Translate pages on page
- "Add a page" button gets explanation text
- Added feature to embed videos from Flickr and Google Videos
- Fixed problems with file uploader
- Fixed issues with switching between preview and edit modes in Internet Explorer
- Fixed conflicts with Skype Toolbar
- Improved sitemap.xml output
- Improved RSS output
Public Beta 11Release date: October 19th, 2008
- Added Publish flow
- Added help button to admin toolbar for better support
- Added feature to create page from Page Not Found screen
- Fixed site organizer for IE6
- Fixed Flash rendering for Safari and Opera
- Fixed adding media for IE7
Public Beta 10Release date: October 10th, 2008
- Added external media tool
- Added Portuguese language
- Added template Tartu
- Fixed several issues in media picker
- Fixed missing pictures in RSS feed
- Fixed adding blog posts from News & Blog panel
- Fixed showing hidden pages in edit mode
- Fixed site panel placement in template Helsinki for Safari
- Fixed broken layout caused by Site name input area in IE6
- Fixed showing blog comment error messages in template Odessa
Public Beta 9 releaseRelease date: September 30th, 2008
- Global Sign in
- Site switcher
- Added template Moscow
- Added template Helsinki
- Added automatic file renaming if file already exists
- Fixed issues with deleting blog posts
- Fixed html escaping in site name
- Fixed automatic picture resizing for IE6
Public Beta 8 releaseRelease date: September 23rd, 2008
- Added site structure reordering
- Added option to create hidden pages
- Added lightbox preview for media
- Added possibility to remove custom addresses
- Added new design: Odessa
- Improved picture positioning
- Improved link handling
- Improved page path names generation
- Fixed scrambled layout issues after design change
- Fixed saving blog posts without title
Public Beta 7 releaseRelease date: September 16th, 2008
- Toggle button improvements
- Added ability to change site name straight from edit view
- Added warning messages for blog post comments
- Added check if Flash player is installed
- Added storing users language in cookie
- Fixed autogenerated path name being too short
- Fixed issues with blog comments shown incorrectly
- Fixed RSS dates gone wrong in Edicy blog
Public Beta 6 releaseRelease date: September 9th, 2008
- Edicy is now fully available in German!
- Page based keywords – add words describing each page so that search engines know where to look for your content.
- Default content is now updated and translated into Estonian, German and Russian.
- Add new languages to your site directly from your homepage.
- Added some cool statistics as to who signs up to our homepage as well as our latest news.
- Improved text formatting when copy and pasting directly from a Word document.
- Fixed problem where invalid images that are uploaded disable the media menu.
- Fixed problem where link to front page sometimes takes you to the wrong language.
Public Beta 5 releaseRelease date: September 2nd, 2008
- Cross page content: Now you can set content such as footers and page headings across multiple pages rather than re-creating it separately for each page.
- Improved Edicy Pro purchase process and usability, now it is more straight forward what is a paid feature and what is free.
- Fixed error when you delete the primary language page or language is not set and your site becomes inaccessible.
- Fixed error when the number of comments displayed doesn’t decrease when you delete a comment.
- Fixed error where you couldn’t delete default photos when you go to customize a standard design.
- Fixed display problem where text gets covered by the Edicy toolbar while editing.
- Fixed password case sensitivity problem.
Public Beta 4 releaseRelease date: August 26th, 2008
- Edicy Pro – now you customize your site with a personal web address.
- Managing your web address is now much easier. Straight from the Addresses menu you can change your default address as well as add new addresses to your site.
- We've added a Site Panel view to the main menu. Now you can see some important information about your site such as the number of Page edits or New comments without going into the Site settings.
- All designs are now capable of handling multiple languages so now we can translate them into your home language.
- Edicy is now up and running in French.
- Site properties menu has been improved.
Public Beta 3 releaseRelease date: August 19th, 2008
- Create custom designs – It’s now possible to add your own custom design to Edicy. A more detailed tutorial is coming soon but you can access this feature from the Design tab in the My Account section.
- A new translation interface – We’ve created a simple tool to allow translators convert Edicy into their home language so if you’re interested in helping out contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what language you’d like to add.
- Tell A Friend – Do you enjoy Edicy? Let your friends know about it by sending them an invitation to Edicy so they can create their own site.
- Fixed the problem with company logo not appearing on site after upload.
- Edicy is now fully available in Estonian and Russian!
Public Beta 2 releaseRelease date: August 12th, 2008
- Added sitemap.xml output to all sites for better search engine optimization
- Added language environment selection based on browser's accept-language setting
- Added new Calgary design template
- Fixed issue where blog cannot be set as front page
Cleanup & Bugfixes 2Release date: August 5th, 2008
- Added two new designs: Riga and Brasilia
- Added RSS-links to blog pages
- Fixed issues when deleting a language environment
- Fixed issue with browsers caching designs when you switch from one to another.
Capitalist BetaRelease date: July 22th, 2008
- New website
- Added autosave feature.
- Added switching and previewing design to lower toolbar.
- Added more design choices for users.
- Redesigned TE toolbar.
- Language menu shown on only one language.
- Fixed extra symbols in RSS feed.
- Fixed error-pages indexed by search engines.
- Fixed issues with Reykjavik design.
- Changed default content to improve usability.
Cleanup & BugfixesRelease date: July 15th, 2008
- Added feature to embed Flash movies into text.
- Added feature to change publish date of blog articles.
- Added several UI effects and transitions to ease usability.
- Changed look and feel of photo and blog post selection tool.
- Changed page create and setting dialogs to be more intuitive and accessible.
- Improved design previewing when changing site's design.
- Improved "Recent activity" view readability.
- Improved sign-up process by inserting default content on site creation.
- Fixed problems with HTML source code editor visibility.
Friends & Family beta 11Release date: July 7th, 2008
- Added the capability to invite additional users to manage your site and the user interface to go with it.
- Added the ability to hide the comment area on new blog entry.
- Added global authentication to all Edicy users. One e-mail to control all accounts.
- Fixed errors with display of unicode characters.
- Fixed Milano design template.
- Fixed the background on the design selection tool that was not resizing properly.
- Fixed the background on the design selection tool to fit 2 or more rows of template thumbnails.
- Fixed problems with the site navigation menu when there were too many entries.
- Changed password reminder email content.
Friends & Family beta 10Release date: July 2nd, 2008
- Added Langley design.
- Fixed replacing all text in editing area when inserted image in Safari browser.
- Fixed Reikyavik template errors.
- Fixed reporting bug where an empty description field discarded all the other fields as well.
- A bunch of other minor bugfixes.
Friends & Family beta 7Release date: June 10th, 2008
- Changed "Latest activity" pane in "My Account" screen to give better overview.
- Added resizing uploaded logo to fit "My Account" view.
- Fixed the wrong positioning of JS login window.
- Fixed issues on switching Edicy's working language.
- Fixed "Start new blog" button on "News & Blog" screen.
- Fixed text missing in "My account view" in IE.
- Fixed inability to edit persons' cards.
- Fixed problems with uploading files with IE.
Friends & Family beta 6Release date: June 3rd, 2008
- Added multiple language environments inside Edicy working space. Started with English, Estonian and Russian languages.
- Added Estonian and Russian language environments and language switching tool.
- Tweaked personal card view.
- Implemented new icon sets in toolbars.
- Fixed part of date flag not being visible in picture selector.
- Fixed IE6 rendering and image insertion errors.
- Fixed new post creation form visible to unauthorized users.
- Fixed clicking "Add photo" button several times making bottom-margin bigger every time.
- Fixed flickering of the text-editing zone.
Friends & Family beta 5Release date: May 27th, 2008
- Added simple Spambot to blog comments' protection.
- Added show reel here to demonstrate new designs.
- Added password reminder.
- Added link to Edicy's main page in login window.
- Added "Save" and "and continue editing" buttons in style editing windows.
- Fixed site logo uploading capability.
- Fixed inability to associate a link with an image in IE browser family.
- Fixed entry field not being resized to fit inserted image.
- Fixed IE not showing warnings when an unacceptable password is chosen for a new person.
- Fixed site icon caching by Apache.
- Fixed cache not being purged on layout changing.
- Tweaked WYSIWYG text editor.
Friends & Family beta 4Release date: May 20th, 2008
- Added design management tools.
- Added site logo uploading capability.
- Added Edicy RSS feed output.
- Fixed formatting toolbar being overlapped by on-site flash animation.
- Fixed inability to delete a user as an admin.
- Fixed ability to download homepage, erasing all subpages.
- Fixed error on adding page in organizer view in IE.
- Fixed pop-up menus being overlapped by main menu icons in IE.
- Fixed inability to delete a blog post.
- Fixed image being show in blogpost preview.
- Fixed blog entry header linking not to the main page but to the same post page.
- Fixed not changing sub-page path, on changing the parent page's name or path.
- Fixed uploading images larger than 65536 bytes.
- Changed font size choosing mechanism.
Friends & Family beta 3Release date: May 13th, 2008
- Added page layout switching.
- Added comment management.
- Added template previews.
- Added personal card management UI.
- Added design management tool.
- Added ability to create new page straight from page editor.
- Added 404 and 500 error pages' design.
- Fixed "menuadd" tag problems.
- Fixed footer hiding under Firefox 3 main toolbar.
Friends & Family beta 2Release date: April 25th, 2008
- Added site properties.
- Added password reminder.
- Add UI to change site language environment.
- Added UI to manage site's structure.
- Added account registration tool.
- Changed design of page properties.
Alpha ReleaseRelease date: January 21st, 2008
- Added first Edicy core functions.
- Added user authentication with single-user mode.
- Added multi-language environments to web editing package.
- Added ability to change active language environment in admin interface.
- Added showing 404 page when page is not found.
- Added userstamp plugin.
- Added extra tag creation.
- Added extending pages with new content.
- Added language tags for layouts.
- Added relation between page and layout.
- Fixed inability to click on editable areas, if they are empty.
- Fixed test editor toolbar not shown correctly in Safari browser.
- Fixed toolbar from getting resized when dragging it close to right side of element.
- Removed buttons that didn’t work.
Siia lisada ainult vorm, mida väljaspool editmode ei näidata.